WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Harlan's Heroes is dedicated to spread awareness and aid those affected by pediatric cancer, with an emphasis on recurring and terminal brain cancer. Our mission is to provide the entire family with help, hope and care.
Harlan's Heroes is actively looking to expand our team. Applicants must be 18 years or older and should agree to comply with the listed expectations before applying to become a perspective board member.
- Support the Mission Statement of Harlan's Heroes.
- Work as a part of a cohesive team with common goals.
- Share his/her skills and expertise.
- Actively engage and recruit businesses/individuals for their assistance.
- Dedicate time to Harlan's Heroes board meetings and planning/preparation of events.
- Respect and support the majority decisions of the Board.
- Volunteer and assist in Harlan's Heroes activities, including fundraising efforts.
- Participate actively in board meetings, actions, fundraisers and public events.
- Have no more than two (2) absences from board meetings in a calendar year.
- Must be available for ALL September fundraising events.
- Remain aware of the activities that are planned and make yourself available to participate.
- Represent all those whom this organization serves and not a particular geographic area or interest group.
- Do your best to ensure that the Harlan's Heroes is well-maintained, growing, and always operating in the best interest of the children and families we proudly serve.
- No director or board member receives compensation.
- This is NOT an all inclusive list as the bylaws must be upheld during the time served.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED AS A HARLAN'S HEROES BOARD MEMBER, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN AND SUBMIT RECORDS OF CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
- Harlan's Heroes will not tolerate criticizing of fellow Board members or their opinions in or out of the meetings.
- There will be NO USE of the organization for personal advantage or that of friends or relatives.
- There will be NO discussion of the confidential proceedings of the Board outside the board meetings.